Sunday, August 8, 2010

Windows Temp Files (possible virus/spyware)?

I have a problem with a near-new computer. Somehow I got a self-replicating spyware or virus that is hidden itself in the Windows Temp folder and keeps growing more files. It has been classified by all my security software as "Adware." I ran my antivirus and spyware programs (BitDefender, SpySweeper and other free spyware/virus programs I have) and nothing seems to get rid of it. CCleaner can't delete these files either. I think that either BitDefender or SpySweeper tried to quarantine the suspect virus or spyware and was unable to. If I right-click on any of these files and click "delete" I get "Can't read from source file or disk." Every time I have tried to re-run the scans, the files have duplicated themselves. At this point I am up to about 1,000 files and over 200MB. They are all in the C:\Windows\Temp folder so I think I can safely delete them. Does anybody know a program or utility I can use to force delete these files? Please let me know. Thank you for your help!



Windows Temp Files (possible virus/spyware)?downloads



Go to http://www.top5antispyware.info/index.ph... to download an anti spyware for free.



Then scan your computer to check and get rid of spyware.



Windows Temp Files (possible virus/spyware)?house call

No comments:

Post a Comment