Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Virus removal on the Windows XP installation on my MacBook?

My college offers a free professional version of Norton Antivirus and it didn't find any viruses on the Windows partition of my MacBook. I used Apple's Boot Camp 1.2b to install Windows and so far so good. I used ClamXav on my Mac OS X partition and it found five instances of ''AdWare.BHO-2''. Since the partition is NTFS, I can't do anything to the Windows partition from within OS X. What should I do to remove these supposed virus detections?



Virus removal on the Windows XP installation on my MacBook?auto protect



I recommend you stay away from the new version of AVG unless you have no firewall.The new version has a FW and it wreaks havoc. I used AVG for years and got rid of it this year because they packaged the software. You get what you pay for and AVG free works like a free software.



Try running Ad-Aware instead but you may just have conflicting software that is being recognized as a threat.



Virus removal on the Windows XP installation on my MacBook?downloads



You can find the solutions by using Mr.Search Engine... There are alot answer for you to use...
Ninjas know the importance of not spreading viruses. I recommend taking your katana to any computer in your house that may have a virus. Even if your not sure. It's better to error on the side of caution.



If you want to have a little fun, sneak up on your computer in the dead of night when it is in hibernation mode. Be silent and be swift!

No comments:

Post a Comment