Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Follow up of a previous question on what is the best anti-virus software for a laptop PC?

Firstly my thanks to the many who unselfishly and patiently answered my earlier question. I have in the past installed ''free'' software such as NOD 32 antivirus system and AVG Anti- spyware version 7.5. However I was told that I cannot update these and so it seems that after a few weeks or months such software becomes ineffective against any new viruses, worms, trojans, spyware and malware. So while many of you gave me lists of FREE anti virues etc etc software, will I have the same problems with them if I am not able to update these FREE?



Follow up of a previous question on what is the best anti-virus software for a laptop PC?internet



NOD-32 and AVG Anti- spyware 7.5 are not free programs. You have the trial versions.



However:



AVG Free and AVAST Free Antivirus programs can be updated as often as you want. In Fact they update automatically (for free). AVG also has a Free spy ware and rootkit programs. But the 7.5 is not the free one.



Google ''AVG Free'' and you will be taken to the correct web site for downloading the Free ones.



I use AVG and AVAST on different computers. I have AVAST on my Vista machine and it works just fine. I have AVG Free on an XP Pro machine and have been using it for years without any problems.



I also use AD-Aware 2007 and SpyBot Search and Destroy 1.5 for spyware removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment