Friday, August 20, 2010

What programs do you recommend for Antivirus, Antispy, and Firewall and why?

The program(s) can either be free or pay for them... Doesn't matter...



If you know please report the amount of RAM and CPU usage (in a %) the programs use when running...



Thanks...



Andy...



What programs do you recommend for Antivirus, Antispy, and Firewall and why?hijack this



I use all the following and have for a few years.



I found them on my own but later found the University Of Harvard Computer Science Division also recommends them. They are all free.



I have used them and Windows XP with SP2 and keep it updated.



I also use Internet Explorer for the browser with MSN toolbar with popups blocked.



Sense SP2 (Service Pack 2) came out I have not had 1 Single problem with any of my computers running all the programs listed and practicing safe computing. (knock on Wood) I can't guarantee the same results for you but that's what I use.



The best Anti-virus is: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition. (www.grisoft.com)



The Best Spyware defense is: SpyBot Search and Destroy (www.spybot.info)



AND: AdAware SE (www.lavasoft.com)



AND Spyware Blaster (http://www.javacoolsoftware.info/kb/)



The best Firewall besides the one that comes with Windows is: Zone Alarm (http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/co... or just (www.zonelabs.com) and select the FREE version.



These are all FREE and are all that are required. There is no reason to pay for this kind of software, except to give a donation to the writers if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment