Friday, August 20, 2010

Should I use the Norton Antivirus Software that comes with my Yahoo browser?

I have always used McAfee, but I found out that Norton comes with my Yahoo product package. Should I use it, since it's free, or stay with McAfee? I don't know much about this stuff. Thanks.



Should I use the Norton Antivirus Software that comes with my Yahoo browser?computer virus



Stay with mcafee, norten is a resource hog and causes a lot of problems and is very difficult to uninstall



Should I use the Norton Antivirus Software that comes with my Yahoo browser?free spyware remover



Get rid of them both! They're the biggest scams of the past 10 years! They create their own viruses! get avast!
Although McAfee is not so good as Norton (Norton can kill 96% of virus whereas McAfee only 93%), you should not use the Yahoo version of Norton.



Reasons



1. the Yahoo package is only a trial version for 30days



2. you may not be able to un-install that yahoo version of Norton. (You may have seen many complain in Yahoo Answer about that)



3. McAfee and Norton anti-virus are programs and they would hang up one and others due to software bugs. Hence only one is allowed to be active.



If you want better protection in against virus, you can buy a CD-ROM package of Norton. CD-ROM package is better than internet version because that CD-ROM can help you to recover and reboot your machine if it got serious infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment