Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rating virus/Antispyware/Adware programs?

I'm trying to protect my computer with the best (free) programs that I can. I have Norton that came with my computers' software bundle, but it's a resource hog and is huge.



I've been looking at these for AntiVirus:



AVG - I've tried it already, though a lot of people said it's not that great and doesn't pick up a lot of viruses very well).



Avast - I have tried this one as well...but just the same as with AVG, a lot of people said it wasn't all that great at picking up various viruses.



Trend Micro - I know they have been around for a very long time (I know of them by the years-old name ''PC-Cillin'' Antivirus).



Nod32 - Not sure if this one costs to buy it...haven't looked into it yet, but a lot of people seemed to like it in reviews that I have red. Never heard of it.



Bit Defender: Apparently this is a free version of some kind of antivirus/antispyware program by Microsoft. It seemed to get good reviews, though.



Rating virus/Antispyware/Adware programs?ducati



http://www.symantec.com/business/securit...



Rating virus/Antispyware/Adware programs?hp



Avira - too many false postives and it some what system instable



AVG is still rated better than Avast ( stability problems plague it ) and is still what i reccomend.

No comments:

Post a Comment