Wednesday, August 18, 2010

CS source. I get a ping between 200-300. how do i reduce my latency to its max?(say in 2digits not 3

I'm from india. use a broadband conn(isp-MTLN). having 256kbps connected thro a d-link router~(connected to pc by LAN CARD).



I hav a P4, 2.4 ghz cpu speed, 512mb RAM, 120gb HDD(40gb+80gb), got a dvd RW. i use a Mcafee antivirus with its firewall, using free ram xp pro.



i hav my hdd almost full, does that affect the latency???



Help!! most of the servers kick me coz of my high latency due to which i feel this game isnt worth the money i bought.



CS source. I get a ping between 200-300. how do i reduce my latency to its max?(say in 2digits not 3)?free adware remover



Ping latency cannot be resolved on your end. Ask your internet provider if they offer something called ''Fastpath''. This will switch off the error correction feature of DSL lines and thus reduce your Ping latency a bit.



However, try to find a server in your vicinity. Two digit pings are normally only achievable with LAN connections. Not Internet connections.



So no matter what you do to your PC, it won't affect PING.



Maybe try to shut down the McAffee Firewall (but make sure you have Service Pack 2 installed, and the Windows XP firewall active. This is normally enough. The McAfee Firewall will only slow you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment