Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What are the best *most economical* anti-virus & spyware programs for a college student using Wi

I am a 20 year old college student using Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron 4150 (about 4 years old). I recently had to have my computer repaired due to spyware %26 viruses that had infested it due to LimeWire and other downloading programs I had previously carelessly used. Now I know to definitely not use LimeWire and stuff and am downloading my music from Ruckus and iTunes. My computer is still running slow after the data recovery so I think I want to have Windows entirely reloaded on it, but not at this moment (working at Yellowstone for the summer %26 nowhere to have that done). The guy who recovered my computer installed Avast! Antivirus %26 you can use it free for one year. Is that a good program? Will is protect me from spyware also??? What are the best programs for anti-virus %26 spyware protection for me, keeping in mind that I am a college student with minimal income? What are your suggestions for protection and for what reasons? Thanks so mu



What are the best *most economical* anti-virus %26 spyware programs for a college student using Windows XP???free spyware



I'm in college too and I know the virus protection colleges offer suck. I went to www.cnet.com and searched for Ashampoo AntiSpyWare in the search bar and scrolled down to about the bottom of the page and downloaded it. This has a 40-day free trial but the good news is that its only 29.99 to buy which would probably be great on your college budget. I know it was for me. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment